Treat yourself to a pamper session this winter at one of South Africa’s leading spas as we reveal our Top 6 next…
South Africa truly excels at being a luxury tourist destination and what better way to get relaxed and pampered than with a spa treatment in a glorious setting.
From excellent day spas and holiday resorts to country living and sweeping views, we have compiled a list to cater to all tastes as well as those looking for a sneaky tranquil getaway or two.
Besides some of the benefits of having a spa treatment include improved blood circulation, ridding your body of toxins and the release of serotonin which enhances the feel-good factor. So essentially you would only be participating for health reasons so what’s an hour or two out of your day or week…
- The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa is just within reach of Cape Town’s city center and boasts glorious views of the ocean with a heated infinity pool and beachfront gazebos for added luxury. The Sanctuary Spa has been carved from the rocks and features Elemis products and Moya Crystal healing therapy.
- The SUNCOAST Towers Spa, this gorgeous heavenly retreat encompasses the entire 9th floor of the Suncoast Towers hotel and offers everything from therapeutic to relaxing spa treatments with a picturesque view of the Indian Ocean as your backdrop.
- The Spa at The Oyster Box is located on the sunny shores of Umhlanga’s beachfront and offers guests an unforgettable experience of luxurious pampering. Relax in a tropical garden as you feel your stress melting away with the sound of exotic birds and the smell of perfumed flowers entertaining your senses.
- Pezula Spa & Gym is located in Knysna and is truly breath-taking as it pays homage to the ocean. It offers visitors a signature Maruwa collection of body treatment products based on the local fynbos vegetation of the Western Cape. Diverse options include a heated massage water bed, aromatic steam-filled Rasul Chamber and a host of therapeutic treatments.
- The Beverly Hills Spa can be found on the promenade level of the iconic hotel and offers visitors an array of treatments from unique cellular facials to therapeutic massages. This restorative oasis is a sure fire way to combat stress and achieve the ultimate in relaxation and tranquility.
- The Saxon Boutique Hotel, Villas and Spa This stunning boutique hotel has been voted one of the best in the world for six years straight and upon visiting it’s easy to see why. As you enter you are greeted with an extraodinary sense of calm as this heavenly haven caters to all your senses. The spa even features color therapy and hydro jets.