Sunday evening’s 2016 Golden Globes were full of surprises with a host of memorable one-liners all thanks to Ricky Gervais, check it out…
The speeches were interesting, Ricky Gervais was entertaining, but possibly the best moment of the Golden Globes comes courtesy of Leonardo DiCaprio and Lady Gaga. Leonardo DiCaprio offered a truly unforgettable reaction to Lady Gaga brushing up against him. When she later went up to accept her award for Best Actress in a Miniseries, she brushed past a laughing Leonardo DiCaprio, whose face soon appeared as if he had been spooked by a ghost. Awks.
All the while, the dresses were excellent, the champagne was clearly free-flowing, and Ricky Gervais was just as charming as one would expect. One of these days Ricky will really need to learn to come out of his shell though. Oh wait… Everybody’s favourite comedian, who just wrapped his fourth stint as host of the Golden Globes, started the night off by insulting the entire room of Hollywood royalty and ended the evening with one last jab at Mel Gibson.
Then there was Jamie Foxx taking aim at Steve Harvey’s infamous Miss Universe blunder, Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer proving why they are the perfect best friends and Jane Fonda’s clearly unimpressed face when Jonah Hill dropped an F-Bomb on stage.
Worst Moment of the Night: Jamie Foxx’s Fake Announcement
Should Straight Outta Compton have been nominated? Sure. But joke announcing it as the winner took away from the other, real nominees. Not cool Jamie.
Best Moment of the Night: Standing Ovation for Sylvester Stallone
“I’m going to try not to get emotional,” Stallone began. “Last time I was here was 1977…and the view is so beautiful now.” Before emotionally thanking his family, he concluded, “I want to thank my imaginary friend Rocky Balboa for being the best friend I ever had.”
Here are our Top 6 Ricky Gervais Quotes from the 2016 Golden Globes:
- The moment he introduced Kevin Hart and Ken Jeong as “adorable presenters” that Brad and Angelina would love to adopt
- When he said “I’m going to get this monologue out of the way and then go into hiding. Not even Sean Penn will find me… Snitch.”
- The moment he said “I’m gonna be nice tonight — I’ve changed. Not as much as Bruce Jenner, obviously. Now Caitlyn Jenner, of course.”
- When he wrapped up the show saying “From myself and Mel Gibson, shalom!”
- When he introduced presenters Eva Longoria and America Ferrera as “two people your future president Donald Trump can’t wait to have deported”
- When he introduced Matt Damon with a giant dig at Ben Affleck: “He’s also the only person who Ben Affleck hasn’t been unfaithful to.”